Johntex/Wikicommons – CC BY 2.5
Paloma Rao, LLB Law
What you need: Card, scissors, ribbon
- Cut out coloured card into rectangles to make your coupons. You can print templates online.
- Decorate each coupon with your ideas.
- Make a hole on the left side of each coupon and tie together with ribbon.
‘Open When…‘ Envelopes
What you need: envelopes and items to put in the envelopes (you could get some items from a pound shop or make some yourself)
- Label each envelope with ‘Open when’ and when the envelope should be opened.
- Fill each envelope and present them in a nicely decorated box.
Ideas: Open when… you’re hungry (with your partner’s favourite snack,) you’re having a bad day (you could draw or print a funny picture to cheer them up,) you are sick (and include some medicine, tissues and a sachet of soup or hot chocolate.)
‘A Love Map
What you need: a map of your city, pins, card and scissors
- Print off or draw a map of your area/city or you could draw the outline and label the main places (such as Kings Cross.)
- Pinpoint on the map any places which have played a role in your relationship and label them.
Ideas: First date, first kiss, first trip to the theatre, favourite hang-out spot, best night out together… You could make a border around the map with photos of you and your loved one.
‘In our house we…‘ House rules for your family or flatmates
What you need: You could do this with planks of wood, nails and paint or simply make a smaller version using different coloured card. You will also need a black permanent marker
- Saw/find 7-10 planks of wood or cut out different sized rectangles out of card. You will need a long plank or stick to form the backbone.
- Paint the wood if you choose to.
- Write each house rule onto each piece and decorate. The top one could read ‘In our house we…’
- Nail or glue each piece to the backbone.
Ideas: be positive, share, help each other, take our shoes off…
52 Reasons why I love you
What you need: paper, pens, a jar, string/ribbons
- On small, rectangular peices of paper write 52 (or more) reasons why you love your loved one.
- Roll these up and tie with string.
- Fill the jar up and decorate the jar with string/ribbon and label.
Raspberry swirl cheesecakes
A simple but foolproof idea is to bake something for your loved one.
What you need (makes 24): For the crust: 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, 4 tbsp. melted unsalted butter, 3 tbsp. sugar. For the swirl: 6 oz. fresh raspberries, 2 tbsp. sugar. For the cheesecake: 2 lbs. cream cheese, 1½ cups sugar, Pinch of salt, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven
- Mix together the ingredients for the crumb. Put a tablespoon of the misture at the bottom of each cake case and press flat. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Whisk/blend the raspberries and sugar until smooth to make the fruit puree.
- For the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese until fluffy and add the sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- To assemble, put the cheesecake batter over the crust then add half a teaspoon of the puree over the cheesecake. Use a toothpick to swirl.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Chill in fridge before serving.
A Cork Heart
What you will need: as many wine corks as you choose, superglue and paper
- Draw a heart on a piece of paper.
- Line up the corks around the outline and then glue together. You may add more layers or fill in the heart depending on how many corks you have.
- Leave to dry!