Unfortunately, due to a technical problem, we not not have the hustings videos for this category.
Campaign Video 1
What is your background?
- International Students Officer SOAS SU
- Faculty of Languages and Cultures Representative
- BA Japanese course Representative
- Student Ambassador
- SOAS Salsa Society Vice-President
- SOAS Journalism Society President
What are the two most pressing issues facing students on campus today?
- Insufficient space for societies’ activities.
- Insufficient funds for sports teams.
- Constraints imposed by the school on late license and smoking area.
What are your top priorities in this role?
- Increase cooperation between societies.
- Secure extra FUNDING for society activities.
- Increase visibility of campaigns through collaboration with other student unions.
- The SU will become TIER-2 VISA sponsor for international students who want to work after graduation at SOAS.
How can the union improve as an organisation representing such a diverse group of students?
I live to embrace cultural diversity; I think that by having a union that truly shows a passion for cultures and promotes cultural interaction will be the key to improving this organisation.
What is the most important quality for a member of the union executive to have?
To be open minded.
If you could invite any three people (alive or dead) to a party, who would they be?
Marx, Genghis Khan, Nadia Comaneci.